University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt
德國 University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt
Aim and Target Group of the Programme:
The goal of the English-language MBA programme International Business with Regional Focus is to prepare students to take on management positions in companies (or similar organizations) that do business internationally, irrespective of company size and industry. Therefore, the target group of the programme are individuals that have already gained first management experience, that are on the brink of this step or that aspire to take this step. It is a General Management programme with a strong focus on the specifics of doing business in an international setting. Our university, the University of Applied Sciences Wuerzburg-Schweinfurt (FHWS) is famous for its practice-orientation. It is a public university of the State of Bavaria.
The specialty of the programme is that every student can chose one of the following Focus Regions:
The choice of the Focus Region determines the Modules 2 and 5 (see below), the rest of the Modules is the same for all students.
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America.
We regularly have students from Taiwan, e.g. 2 Taiwanese students in the latest study group that started in October 2020.
Our MBA programme prepares managers to be successful in today’s global business world. Therefore, the curriculum covers all the knowledge that modern managers need to have: hard skills in all business functions, methodical skills as well as soft skills. In every course, special attention is given to the challenges of doing business internationally.
- Module 1: Business Simulation (Courses: Business Game, Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship)
- Module 2: Language Competence Western Europe / Eastern Europe / Asia / Latin America (Courses: General Language Competence German / Russian / Mandarin / Spanish, Business Language Competence German / Russian / Mandarin / Spanish)
- Module 3: Intercultural Management (Courses: Organizational Behavior, Cross Cultural Management)
- Module 4: Project Management (Courses: Research Projects, International Project Management)
- Module 5: Doing Business in and with Western Europe / Eastern Europe / Asia / Latin America
- Module 6: Managing International Businesses (Courses: International Management, International Economics)
- Module 7: Strategic Competences (Courses: Strategic Management, Operations Strategy in the Digital Age)
- Module 8: International Financial Management (Courses: International Management Control, International Finance)
- Module 9: International Leadership (Courses: Organizational Development and Leadership, Business Ethics)
- Module 10: Managing International Markets (Courses: International Marketing, Management of International Supply Chains)
Course of Study:
- Module 11: International Regulatory Frameworks (Courses: International Law, International Financial Reporting)
- Module 12: Managerial Decision Making (Courses: Decision Theory and Practice, Management Information Systems)
- Module 13: Master Thesis
The lectures take place in Würzburg, a beautiful city in the State of Bavaria. The lectures are held mainly on Fridays and Saturdays, which allows to keep up existing work or to work while studying.
At the beginning of the 2nd semester (around March), the students that have chosen the Focus Regions Eastern Europe, Asia or Latin America will stay for about 4 weeks at a partner university in Russia, Taiwan or Colombia, where module 5 is taught to them. Module 5 is taught to those students that have chosen the Focus Region Western Europe in Würzburg.
In order to study the MBA International Business, the following admission requirements need to be fulfilled:
Further Facts at a glance:
- First study degree (Bachelor degree or comparable) in any discipline
- 210 ECTS points (in case of less than 210 ECTS points, extra courses are available)
- minimum grade 2,5 (according to German system, local grades are transferred to German system)
- at least 1 year of qualified work experience after the first study degree
- English language skills at least on CEFR B2 level
- German language skills at least on CEFR A1 level – this requirement can be fulfilled up to the end of the 2nd semester however
- Programme Language: English
- Number of places available: around 25 per year
- Duration of the programme: 3 semesters (1,5 years)
- Credit Points (ECTS) awarded: 90
- Start of programme: Beginning of October every year
- Degree awarded: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Tuition fee: 5.500 Euro per semester (plus small administrative fee)
- Strong orientation on business practice
- Small, international study group
- Choice of Focus Region with integrated stay at partner university and integrated language courses
- integrated team training
Application is possible all year. Application deadline is July 31st for study start October 1st of the same year. Earlier application is highly recommended however due to visa process duration.
Application is done online with our easy-to-use template: https://fwiwi.fhws.de/en/master-international-business/application
Our MBA International Business Office can be contacted as follows:
Further Information Sources:
- Phone: +49-931-3511-6301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find further information about our programme here: